Sausage Alfredo with Spinach
- 1 pkg. Bass Farm Mild Sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fettuccine,cooked,drained
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach leaves (approx. 8 cups)
- Black pepper to taste
- Cook sausage, onion, and garlic in stockpot over MEDIUM-HIGH heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return sausage mixture to pan.
- Stir in wine. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to MEDIUM; cook 4-5 minutes or until most of the wine (chicken broth) is cooked off.
- Add pasta, cream and cheese; bring just to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in spinach; cover. Let stand 3 minutes. Season with pepper. Yields 6 servings.