Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing
- 1 pound Bass Farm Sausage (Hot or Mild)
- 4 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 6 cups white bread cubes (about 12 slices)
- 1 8-inch square pan cornbread (crumbled)
- 3/4 tablespoon of salt
- 3 large celery stalks (diced)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme leaves
- Cook and crumble pork sausage in a large Dutch oven over medium heat (stirring to brown).
- Move sausage to a large bowl.
- To drippings in pan, add butter, celery, onion, and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add sauteed vegetables and all other ingredients to sausage in pan, toss to mix well.
- Use to stuff 12 to 16 pound turkey. Or spoon stuffing into a 13" x 9" baking dish; Cover with foil and bake in a 325 degree oven for one hour.
- Uncover and bake 15-20 minutes longer til brown.
- Makes 12 cups, or 24 half-cup servings.