Bass Sausage Meatloaf
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pkg. Bass Farm Mild Sausage
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over MEDIUM heat; reduce heat cook and stir over LOW heat 5 minutes or until hot. Set aside to cool.
- Place sausage and ground beef in a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of sauce; mix lightly. Set aside.
- Cool and stir onion and carrot in olive oil over MEDIUM heat 5 to 8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Add vegetables, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, thyme and salt and pepper to taste meat mixture; mix lightly.
- Lightly pat mixture into a foiled-lined, greased 9x5 inch loaf pan. Top with 3 tablespoons of sauce. Bake 60 to 75 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Spoon additional sauce over meatloaf during last 25 minutes, if desired.
- Let meatloaf stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce.