Sausage and Rice – Chinese Style
- 2 pounds Bass Farm ground sausage (1 package hot and 1 package mild)
- 8 stalks celery - diced
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 3 packages Lipton's chicken noodle soup mix (dried)
- 9 cups boiling water
- 2 cups minute rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- Brown sausage, celery and onions in large skillet, breaking up meat with fork. Drain all fat.
- Meanwhile bring 9 cups water to boil, add soup mix and cook according to package directions.
- Add meat mixture to soup mixture, then add all remaining ingredients. Reserve some of the almonds to sprinkle on top of the casserole.
- Pour into 1 large 4-quart casserole or 2 2-quart casseroles.
- Bake covered at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, remove cover and bake 45 minutes more.
- Serves 10-12. May be cooked, frozen, and reheated. Great served with a green vegetable and a cranberry salad and rolls if desired. Also great for a picnic.