- 1 pound Bass Farm Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 medium sized tart apples sliced or chopped
- -- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons sage (or to taste)
- Saute onions, celery, sausage, but do not brown.
- Pour off excess fat. Add rice and seasonings.
- Spread a layer of the sausage mixture in casserole dish.
- Cover with a layer of chopped or sliced apples. Repeat by adding another layer of sausage mixture, covered with a layer of apples.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until apples are soft.