- 1 pound Bass Farm Sausage (Mild)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 4 cups hot mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Pinch each of thyme and cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Break sausage into small pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- Cook onion and celery in sausage grease until onion is transparent.
- Add the remaining ingredients to onion and celery mixture. Mix well and then add to sausage. Pour into a 2-quart casserole.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Take cover off for last 30 minutes of baking time. The dressing should be very moist.