- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 pound Bass Farm ground sausage
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 (1 3/4 oz.) envelope chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 1/2 cups of 1/2 inch pieces of celery
- 1/3 medium-sized green pepper, cut into thin slivers
- 1/3 cup blanched, toasted almonds, coarsely chopped and divided
- Partially cook rice; set aside.
- Brown sausage, breaking into small pieces with a fork. Drain. Reserve about 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- Cook onions on drippings until golden brown.
- Combine boiling water and chicken noodle soup mix in a saucepan; boil for 7 minutes.
- Combine sausage, onions, rice, celery, green pepper, and half the almonds, and soup mixture.
- Pour into a greased 2-quart casserole dish; sprinkle with remaining almonds.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Makes 6 servings.